- Abstract submission: January 15, 2008 (extended)
- Paper submissions: January 22, 2008 (extended)
- Notification to authors: March 7, 2008
- Conference: June 4-6, 2008
The goal of the FMOODS series of conferences is to bring together researchers and practitioners whose work encompasses three important and related fields:
- formal methods
- distributed systems,
- object-based technology.
The conference will especially welcome novel contributions reflecting recent developments in the area, in particular component- and model-based design, service-oriented computing and software quality.
We solicit paper in all areas of global computing, including (but not limited to):
- Semantics and implementation of object-oriented programming and (visual) modelling languages
- Formal techniques for specification, design, analysis, verification, validation and testing
- Model checking, theorem proving and deductive verification
- Type systems and behavioural typing
- Formal methods for service-oriented computing
- Formal techniques for security and trust in global computing
- Formalization of runtime system evolution (e.g. dynamic updates, reconfiguration)
- Multiple viewpoint modelling and consistency between different views
- Model transformations and refactorings
- Integration of quality of service requirements into formal models
- Formal approaches to component-based design
Applications of formal methods (e.g. web services, multimedia, telecommunications)
- Experience reports on best practices and tools
- Andrew Myers, Cornell University
Contributions must be in Postscript or PDF and consist of no more than 15 pages in the Springer LNCS style. Additional details and proofs omitted due to space limitations may be included in a clearly marked appendix. Submitted papers must describe work unpublished in refereed venues, and not submitted for publication elsewhere.
Submitting your paper to FMOODS08 via Easy Chair
1. Using your internet browser go to FMOODS08 internet address on Easy Chair and register for submission.
During your first contact with Easy Chair use the "New user" part of the log-in screen. Provide your details and the system will create and send you by email your initial username and password.
2. Log in to Easy Chair.
Use your newly received username and password and log in as "Registered user". We recommend that the first thing you do is customize your username and password for your future interactions with Easy Chair. To do this select the "Other" option from the toolbar followed by the "My account" option. You can also modify your personal data entered during the registration. Don't forget to click on "Change" or "Update" buttons for the changes to take effect.
3. Submit your paper.
Select the "New submission" option from the toolbar at the top of the screen. A scrollable paper submission screen will appear. Follow the instructions closely and fill in all the fields that apply to you. The contents of the submission page are self-explanatory.
4. After submitting your paper you will be sent an automatic confirmation and a unique ID number assigned to your paper by email.
5. You can submit more than one paper to FMOODS 2008 using the same procedure.
6. You will be notified of the decision about the status of your paper by March 7, 2008.
7. Further instructions for preparation of your presentation and the conference Program will be available on FMOODS08 homepage in due time.
The Proceedings will be published by Springer Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.